People who work in student affairs provide services, programs, and resources that help students learn and grow outside of the classroom. Some things that student affairs professionals do for students every day include:
- Enhance student learning
- Guide academic and career decisions
- Mentor students
- Promote leadership skills
- Counsel students through crises
IS STUDENT AFFAIRS RIGHT FOR ME?
- Enjoy being in a campus environment?
- Need to be challenged and learn new skills?
- Love planning and advertising for events?
- Crave an exciting and dynamic career?
- Want to make a difference in the lives of young adults?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then Student Affairs could be a great choice for you!
WHAT DO PEOPLE DO IN STUDENT AFFAIRS?
Careers in Student Affairs are as diverse as the people who pursue them. From program coordinators to Vice Presidents of Student Affairs, there are many ways to be involved in Student Affairs. Student affairs departments on campus may include:
WHERE CAN I WORK?
Almost anywhere you want! Student affairs professionals are located at every campus from small community colleges to large research universities throughout the world. Whether you prefer a small town or bustling city, there is an institution that is right for you!
- Multicultural Programs
- Student Activities
- Greek Life
- Residence Life
- Recreation/Fitness Centers
- Financial Aid
- Women’s Centers/Programs
- Student Unions
- Judicial Affairs
- Student Organization Advising
- Alumni Programs
- Student Government Advising
- Leadership Development
- Campus Museums/Art
- Career Services
- Study Abroad
- Wellness Programs
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Programs
- Support for students with Disabilities
- Veterans Programs
- New Student Orientation
- MANY MORE